Sunday, March 31, 2024

Facing reality.....life is unpredictable

Life is so unpredictable. Tim and I have sat on a medical update and recent news till I felt in my gut the time was right. Preston is now 12. So much of his story as he gets older is his to share on his own. The question of do I still publicly share or stay quiet has been a tough one to answer. I believe our circle of support has been the most steadfast prayer warriors I have ever witnessed any time we need support coming our way. When this memory popped up, it became apparent to me that today is the most appropriate time to open up and ask for prayers. With Preston's permission, I am sharing we are heading back to Cincinnati in a few weeks. It's been a worrisome winter with many health challenges we haven't been able to clear up. We know what the possibilities are and honestly, I can't imagine a 3rd full airway recontruction surgery for him. I am asking for prayers that Preston is spared this invasive surgery and something else can be done to fix his ongoing airway complications. Ignorance of 'what could be' was truly such bliss when he was a baby (1st airway surgery) and little boy (2nd airway surgery). Preston will see his airway team, pulmonologist, undergo tests, a bronchoscopy in the O.R. We are fearful for the answers we are eager to receive. Such a strange feeling. We will be gone the full week of 4/15 and covet any prayers you are able and willing to send up for us. It would mean the world. P will be in the O.R. on the afternoon of 4/18 (I will update this as we find out more details so we can have prayers that day while he is under). While the road to Cincinnati Childrens is one we have traveled many times, it is full of firsts for our family and especially for the boys this time around. Reid will experience seeing Preston wheeled away and also recovering. He will be with Tim and me as we consult with the doctors post op and hear their findings. He wants to be there for his brother and support him and I know this will be a core memory in his life. Preston will have Reid by his side for all of this. He feels so much comfort in that. Lastly, we received news of acceptance into the Ronald McDonald House for the whole week which is such a blessing. Our 'home away from home' continues to bless us! SO grateful!!!!! Reid will experience this magical and special place for the first time too and Preston can't wait to see all of the updates since its massive renovation. I will be sure and keep everyone up to speed and can't thank everyone enough for praying in advance. That is my motivation for being so vulnerable and sharing so much. I know prayer works!! I want nothing more than to come on here soon with great news!!!

March 27, 2019 Last time he will ever be in recovery @cincychildrens RELEASED FOR LIFE To God be the Glory!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home, Sleep study booked and future jaw plans

  It's been one week since we came home. This past week was the busiest of the entire year for the boys and gave us no down time alone t...