Tuesday, September 9, 2014

1 day till we go home!

Just a quick update. We are discharged and hanging out at the Hampton Inn in KY. Lots of walking to kill time and watching trains go by and off to the Zoo today with friends. I just love that one of my mk consultants lives an hour and 1/2 from here (she has a 3 year old and 1 year old) so she offered to come here and pick us up and I was able to get us zoo passes! SO FUN! Thank you Nancy for making our Tuesday fun filled. I appreciate you coming here for us! 

Tomorrow we pack up, head to the hospital for one last scope at 11am of P's airway in O.R. We fly home tomorrow night at 8pm. We have to come back in about 6 weeks for a follow up scope. I am so EAGER to get home. I miss Reid terribly and everyone is dying to see and HEAR Preston. It will be so fun this weekend being home with more noise in our household and watch the boys interact. 

Prayers for a successful scope tomorrow and safe flight home would be wonderful! In some crazy way, I feel like we are starting a new life. It feels so incredibly awesome. I had yet to shed a tear but yesterday when I left for a walk with Preston and didn't have to worry about a suction bag and took in the gorgeous view of the river, it hit me like a ton of bricks. This is it. We are DONE. Its OVER. Our prayers have been answered. Makes me emotional typing this. I get to fly home with my healthy and happy little boy who deserves this fresh start more than anyone I know. THANK YOU JESUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Results are in.....

The Scoop from the Scope (Tim came up with that title)  Tim wrote most of the medical update to this post. My brain is fried and he always u...