Tuesday, September 2, 2014

We are here…..change of plans already!


 Travel today was great! Its always exhausting to get up at 4am to leave by 5am but no delays and no lost luggage- we are good to go! Preston did great flying- slept on 1st leg of our trip and watched Frozen on the 2nd leg and then slept the entire run I was able to get in once we arrived at RMH. We have one of the new 'short stay' rooms and its really nice. I am sitting here while Preston is still sound asleep in the stroller and i was able to shower and get in sweats before we have dinner and play here all evening. I even found a Starbucks at the airport to complete our day of travel. Great day!!! Thank you to my friends who sent me messages with well wishes. The video of Reid praying for his 'brudder' was the highlight of my day! 

We have a change of plans! I got a call from 'same day surgery' while on my walk and Preston got moved up on the schedule. His new O.R. time is 1:15pm instead of 4pm. HIP HIP HOORAY! We check in at 11:15am so this means he won't be going ALL day without food! I am one happy mama. Always another day to visit the zoo. That was just my plan to distract him. We will go for a run together in the morning during breakfast time instead and then watch a movie before heading to the hospital. This also means we won't have to be checking into our room on the complex airway floor late in the evening. I only have to wait on pins and needles for 1/2 a day to hear what new Dr Rutter has for us  instead of the entire day. I AM SMILING EAR TO EAR!!!!

Here are the pics from our day. I will be updating the blog tomorrow night with the plan of action for Mr. P! 


Catching our connecting flight out of Charlotte, NC
A boy and his plane 
This child thinks he is Buzz Lightyear. When we got ready to land during both flights, he put his fists out and signed Buzz the whole time. I thought he was going to give himself a heart attack he was so intense about it. LOL 
Changed clothes (i am a freak about germs and airports) and off we went running….he was out in 2 minutes. 

GAME FACE ready!


 No matter the news tomorrow, i have one HAPPY boy and thats all that matters! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Results are in.....

The Scoop from the Scope (Tim came up with that title)  Tim wrote most of the medical update to this post. My brain is fried and he always u...