Well, I am sitting here in the PICU with Mr P. and Tim and I have a million thoughts going thru my mind. I hate seeing Preston so sick. He has viral pneumonia and is on a pantry full of meds and breathing treatments which seem to be helping. He will be here the rest of the week and possibly the weekend. Prayers for Preston's complete recovery would be wonderful. I don't want him discharged too soon and wind up back here. Really glad we followed our gut and took him into the E.R. last night when he took a turn for the worst. We are in the right place for sure!!!
I was scheduled to go to Omaha Friday and Saturday for an mk trip so I am staying put instead and can always go next year! I need to be here for ALL of my boys! :) Pretty bummed though...I was really looking forward to the girl time and break from everything! Reid still gets to have his fun weekend getaway at Grandma and Grandpa Walker's house. He loves running around at their house and playing on the floor with all of his toys! Thank goodness for our babysitter Katie who is the BEST nanny, lifesaver, etc (my friend Megan refers to her her babysitter the same way) and she is holding down the fort at home with Mr Reid. She is tackling 4 giant loads of laundry and washing/stuffing my cloth diapers as I am typing this. I seriously feel like God hand picked her for our family and aligned her schedule with ours just when we needed her! I am so grateful! My folks helped us with Reid last night and my in-laws are helping tonight and tomorrow and this weekend with him. Reid LOVES the attention! :) Thank God for family so close by! Makes this much more manageable.
As many of you know, we are re-scheduled to fly out on next Wed to Cincinnati for Preston's 3rd opinion of his airway and procedure (they will scope his airway in O.R. to determine a decannulation plan). We are having to cancel the trip again. 3rd time is a charm, right? At least that is what I am telling myself. We have been so fortunate to get thru one of the worst flu/sick season's with flying colors. Neither of the boys had even a runny nose......until right before our 1st trip was booked. Then Preston got sick days before we were supposed to leave. Re-booked it and now he is in the hospital. I am believing this is God's way of saying it is just not Preston's time right now. Very hard to swallow since Dr Smith in Iowa gave us so much encouragement about the near future and having Preston's surgery early this summer (which would result in his trache coming out). We just need Dr Rutter's eyes and expert opinion in order to move forward. I have always been a planner and type A personality so the unknown drives me crazy. I am learning to take each day as it comes and fully understand that this is not MY plan. It is His. Why is it so hard to do this? I will post our NEW date for Cincinnati once I hear back from scheduling and get it booked. I am thinking it will be the end of April but not sure.
I will NEVER be able to say enough how much YOUR prayers, support, and encouragement mean to our family! Tim and I feel lifted up constantly and sometimes we don't feel deserving of that. To say we have the BEST of the BEST family and friends is an understatement. Thank you for the calls, texts, and emails checking on us! It means the world!